Monday, January 4, 2010

BACK TO THE MONASTERY FOR A DAY.

I went back to the monastery for a day to give Lama Kunga another English lesson. Jean and Kristy decided to come too and see what the monastery was like. Lama Kunga was rather taken by Jean and I think he has decided to learn Korean instead of English.....though my new haircut was a hit and I think I am still in line for a monks job. Went for another walk up to the Tibet village. Took a photo of a little kid in a chook cage....he cried. I think it was the same kid that cried when Amanda took their picture last time. Also went to prayer meeting in the morning and took photos there. Then a brisk walk after breakfast before getting a lift back to Lakeside. On the walk saw kids playing with what is best described as a wheelbarrow. The wheel was made from one piece of wood and then a handle from a forked stick. One kid pushed while another sat on it. They reached quick speeds going down the hill with a sharp drop beside them.

2 comments: