Saturday, December 5, 2009

Language lessons


Namaste – I bow to the god in you. What a lovely way to say hello to people. I haven't really got used to saying it yet. Younger people are supposed to initiate the Namaste ritual and I find that a bit intimidating. I have been practicing on the hostel staff.

We have had two Nepal language lessons. I am terrible at it. I can not remember the words in the right situation. Today we lernt Chaahi:daina, it means I don't need (and yes the word has a semicolon in the middle of it). We did a million other things but without my notes I don't know what they are. I am really going to struggle to control a class.

2 comments:

  1. i am sure dad will help you do that.. besides if they are monks won't they be well behaved already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha a semicolon in the MIDDLE... haha weird.

    yeah i like the sound of namaste... how do u say it exactly/

    ReplyDelete