Thursday, December 31, 2009

CHRISTMAS


December 25th, the monks wished us a Merry Christmas, but they still had their three hour exam. After the exam we travelled into Lakeside so I could see Amanda and visit the Childrens' Home for Christmas.

On the way I found a big supermarket so bought Amanda Christmas presents: Choco-flake breakfast cereal, fruit museli, two Mars bars and a block of chocolate. For the kids at the orphanage I bought several huge bags of lollies, a jar of peanut butter and a couple of loaves of bread. The Dutch girls also had some stickers, some games and a box of pens so there was plenty to go around. Amanda gave me a book on the history of the Ghurkas because I had found the Ghurka museum so interesting.

At the Home they celebrated with decorations and a Christmas tree. They also had many visitors and a feast of food. We stayed the night in at Lakeside but travelled back early in the morning as we had to get back to do our exam supervision.

1 comment: