Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Water Shortage







For reasons that have not really been explained to me, there is no longer any water at the home. I thought the house was on rain water but I was told the shortage was due to a broken pipe during roadworks... I am almost positive I am not getting the full story.

Maybe the bill wasn't paid or maybe the pipe was broken by one of the children, whatever happened the result is a ten minute walk to collect water from a mountain stream, twice a day. Laundry days are worse.

Yesterday we spent 7 hours sitting on cold rocks doing laundry by hand. The children also had one of their rare showers which involved soaping yourself under your clothes and having a bucket of freezing mountain water splashed over you.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my.... how lucky we are and how much we have to be grateful for.... did you partake of the fresh mountain shower???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did actually. I didn't get down to my undies though.

    ReplyDelete