Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Raju and the hospital




I had my first and hopefully last trip to a Nepalese hospital today. It turned out to be a bit of an anti-climax in the end.

I was having tea with Maya and Milan when Tess came running down the street carrying Raju, one of the children from the home. He had a huge gash across his temple, the beginnings of a huge lump and was even less responsive then usual. Even with all the blood and three foreign women poking at him, he wasn't crying – maybe that should have tipped us off that he was fine.

I was decided someone should take him to the hospital. Promod, Raju and I jumped on a motorcycle. When we arrived all Raju wanted to talk about was how hungry he was. I felt like an over protective mum. It turned out to be just a bad cut and a bit of a lump

3 comments:

  1. awww he is too cute. please smuggle him home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't worry..... we all do that even when our babies are all grown up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So did you find out what happened to him? I told you not to let Tess take him bicycle riding....ha ha ha. Please don't let her loose with any more of the children.

    ReplyDelete