Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Russians

When I started talking to the gentlemen across from me at the airport it did cross my mind that they seemed like the Hollywood stereotype of the Russian Mafia. They were wearing bad eighties clothes. They spoke in very broken English, They were getting drunk in a public place. They ogled women as they walked past. And for some reason they gave me money after I spoke to them for a few minutes. And they started showing me photos of smiling men with semi-automatic weapons.

Turns out they were just sailors who had been working on the film set of Sylvester Stallone's new movie (apparently it has boats in it). It was an interesting chat/mime. A good way to pass six hours in the most uncomfortable of airports.

I have been awake for nearly 24 hours now. Everything hurts. I can't wait to be finished with airports for a while.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha how funny!! how much money?? NICE haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Money... for what??? sounds a little strange....

    ReplyDelete